Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Room

Finally getting around to posting pics of the beautiful new room Devon built off our kitchen!  We previously had a sliding glass door that went out to a deck, but we were finding that we weren’t using the deck all that much.  I have discovered that while I love the idea of eating outside, in reality I wasn’t enjoying it very much!  Bugs, heat, blazing sun….blah.  I think I’ve mentioned before that I’m kind of an “indoor” girl!  So Devon designed and built a beautiful window-filled room, to give us the ambiance of the outdoors, while keep us cool and bug-free.

The entrance to the room, which used to be a wall with a sliding glass door.

067

At the top of the first step, walking into the room.  The glass slider has been moved the end of the room, so the kids can walk right out to their swingset and sandbox.

069

View of the other side, opposite the glass slider.  Right now just a dining set is in the room, but we have some other plans for the space!

074

We love how bright and cheery it is, and I know it will get tons of use in the warmer weather!

075

2 comments:

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Emily- I love this room! I know you posted around xmas time the finished product with the xmas tree in it! Like I stated before.......Devon is talented!!! The color and hardwood floors are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! I especially love the high ceilings! All the windows are great too! Enjoy all the great memories your family will treasure in it! xoxoxoxo

Sharon Posillipo said...

The kitchen came out great !!!