Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm Not Alone

Thank the Lord. Apparently I am not the only mom who responds to one of her child's bodily functions with this instinctive reaction. I can't tell you how happy I was to stumble upon this little gem.
Why do we do it?
I have no idea.
But the "Mommy Bowl" has certainly saved the day more than once.

C'mon, I know there's more of us out there! Anyone...anyone?
And instead of being disgusted, people really should be THANKING us for our resourcefulness! I mean really, I could just let them puke all over your nice rug, or on your dog, or in the vacuum department of Kohl's. But NOOOOOO. This Mommy is keeping the spew and keeping her cool.

So you're welcome. :-)

9 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Haha! That's too funny. I have to admit that I've never done that since Cole hasn't really thrown up...yet. Spit up is the most there has been and it isn't projectile..I'll let you know when I have to use the "mommy bowl"...

Kim said...

Mommy bowl! LOL! Where did this incident take place and with which child???? I have used mommy fingers to wipe away snot at times. Gross-totally gross.

Greene Family said...

Haha! Yep - I've had the "Mommy Bowl" (love the term!) reaction many times! Of course, on some occasions I wonder why I bothered when the mommy bowl doesn't seem to be big enough, but the reflex is always there. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! I have caught A LOT of puke in my time. I still think it is strange that my first instinct is to catch it.

Bobbi said...

Yep...had to use the "mommy bowl" several times! What a mamma won't do for her kids....;) Vomit doesn't bother me as much as any sort of mucous from the lungs...now THAT grosses me out. Poop...send it my way; Vomit....no problem; boogies....hand them to me....but keep the mucous in your lungs!!!

Unknown said...

My kids have puked many a times and I am still not use to it. I can handle poop, mucus, and blood but vomit....don't think I will every be numb to it.

Melissa Swartley said...

OMG! Hahahaha!!! I have totally done that! I really did think I was the only one too! Why the heck do we have an instinct to just catch it?!! It's so gross but out go my hands into a cupped shape to catch!

Destini said...

Thank you Emily! Luckily I haven't dealt with this in at least a year, but as Trace used to be a projectile puker ALL THE TIME, I have caught puke in a variety of creative ways, although my hands were never big enough to get it all!

rebeccamariemcg said...

Em, that's so funny. The first time I saw Court catch Joey's puke, I almost lost it. I think I remember saying, "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." Now, 9 months later, Aunt Becky can totally catch puke too and only dry heave a little! :)