2. Seamus has enlarged tonsils. His snoring started back up again, so we went to the ENT and it looks like they've grown significantly since his adenoidectomy in June. They are scheduling a sleep study for him, so soon we will get to experience the joy of an all-night battle with our child to "Please keep the gazillion gooey sensors stuck all over your head and body, and go to sleep for goodness sakes." We'll keep you updated.
3. My mom got Grace an ironing board for Christmas, kind of as a joke (even though you all know I'm hoping she'll grow up to be ironing-obsessed like me.) Although when I went into her room to see her playing with it, this is what I found:Oops! We remove the clothes from the baby BEFORE we iron them, honey...
4. In the bathtub, Seamus has a particular fascination with three of our foam letters. Actually, it's two letters and a number that stands in for one of the letters. He'll stick them up on the wall and say, "Mommy, look! O, O, P!" I don't know what it is about this combo that gets him so darn excited... (BTW, these pictures were taken on 3 different occasions!)
5. In trying to avoid the post-holiday slump that I usually find myself sliding into, I went ahead an applied to be a volunteer at our local Ronald McDonald House. My mom and I attended the volunteer orientation and got a tour of the House and an overview of volunteer functions. It's great because not only is there the main House, but there is also the Ronald McDonald Family Room in the pediatric unit of Albany Medical Center. So we'll get a chance to help out with both. I'm really looking forward to getting started.
6. Seamus' Pre-K Christmas concert had to be postponed twice due to the raging winter storms, but has been rescheduled for this Sunday. Be ready for some cuteness overload with all those adorable kids singing "O Candy Cane!"