Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dancing Queen (and King)

Last week I went with my mom and couple other friends to see Mamma Mia! at Proctor's Theatre in Schenectady. The show was phenomenal, and I was inspired to dig out my old ABBA Gold CD - one of the first I ever bought on my own, probably at age 13 or 14. I'm so glad I did, because the kids absolutely LOVE the music! If you ever get a chance to see the show, DO IT! You will not regret it. And if you don't see the show, at least download some ABBA tunes...there's just nothing like the sweet sounds of Frida, Agnetha, Bjorn and Benny crooning such classic lyrics as "Gimme, gimme, gimme, a man after midnight..." Gotta love 70's Swedish pop!

Here's a few videos of the kids enjoying Mamma Mia and Honey Honey, their two faves. In classic kid fashion, however, the exuberant singing and dancing tones down significantly when I whip out the camera! Tuning in to YouTube to find our ABBA songs is now a nightly ritual!




Oh and I forgot to mention the whistle...you are right Kim, such a boy thing! Seamus is obssessed with his gym teacher, Mr. Burns...and Mr. Burns has a whistle, so of course Seamus needs one too. He blows it and shouts, "Let's go guys, let's go!" while doing the exercises that Mr. Burns leads them in. Too cute.

12 comments:

Kim said...

OMG Emily! I just want to hug them. I love in the first video how Seamus is concentrating more on the whistle-totally a boy. Gigi saying Honey Honey was the absolute cutest. I saw Seamus getting down in the last video. I think we should save that for the first girlfriend. ADORABLE.

Mike Mallinson said...

Evan was watching and said he liked the circles dance - and I quote "maybe that's his favorite dance move!" That's too much fun! And I know exactly what you mean about the camera - happens every time with Caitlin! You see her doing something really cool, grab the camera (or even get out the phone for the nerdiest of us) and she immediately stops and tries to pose for the camera! LOL

Unknown said...

I love it when the kids get into the music you are playing. 70's and 80's music is the best but I am biased because that is what I grew up with. Rock on kiddos!

Melisa

mejane said...

Gotta love some ABBA. Didn't realize it 'til now but Mamma Mia and Honey are perfect songs for kids. Makes total sense that it's their fave. I have the same ABBA Gold CD...I'll have to break it out too. Your kids are too cute.

Alex said...

they are so cute and full of life, I love it!

Jen Weisser said...

I love it! Gracie still just cracks me up! Love her! And Seamus obsessed w/ the gym teacher is so funny! Actually last time we were @ your house didnt we have to take the whistles away from the boys? Cant wait to see you guys, only 2 weeks!

Destini said...

So adorable! Gracie singing is just precious - and how funny that Seamus is obsessed with the gym teacher! Trace will not be watching these videos - I cannot encourage a whistle obsession!

Destini said...

So adorable! Gracie singing is just precious - and how funny that Seamus is obsessed with the gym teacher! Trace will not be watching these videos - I cannot encourage a whistle obsession!

Melissa Swartley said...

Too cute! I loved the show Mama Mia! when I saw it a few years ago, wish I could get the chance to see it again! I love it how my kids dance all around to my favorite tunes too, so much fun!

Greene Family said...

Oh my - they are too cute!! Gracie is so adorable with her singing, and I love Seamus with his whistle and dancing in circles! Great songs for little ones!

Caden and Mommy said...

Emily!
Your kids are great! So entertaining! I love Seamus with his whistle - I think he is a PE teacher in training :0)
Trisha

Lisa said...

EVERONE loves ABBA, right? Too cute! Keep the pics and videos coming!