Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mom of the Year

We had a busy weekend visiting Devon’s family, and the kids were up reaaalllly late Saturday night.  So at bedtime tonight, they both crashed hard.  I went in to check on Grace, and noticed she was in one of her classic crazy sleeping poses, teetering very precariously on the edge of her toddler bed. 

So naturally, I left her the way she was and went to get the camera.

I came back into her room, and just as I was clicking the shutter button, she lifted her head up.

018

And…

Came crashing to the floor.

Yes, it is a toddler bed, and no, she wasn’t hurt, but being woken from a deep sleep and suddenly falling to the floor is not a pleasant experience.  I’m just glad to know that someday she’ll read this and think to herself -

“I can’t believe my mom just let me fall out of bed like that!”

Mom of the Year, right here!!

9 comments:

Jen Weisser said...

Oh poor Gracie!!
LOL Em! I totally would have went for the camera too!!

Caden and Mommy said...

You are too funny! Us Mommies and our cameras :0)

Jaime said...

I'm right there with you - would have grabbed my camera too. Glad she's okay.

Destini said...

Too funny! Hope Gracie isn't too emotionally scarred from you watching her fall... ;)

Tiffany said...

LOL! I love it! It's so hard to not grab the camera isn't it? I've done that before...I feel bad for my child, but also a little satisfied at capturing the moment. ;)

Melissa Swartley said...

LMAO! You are hilarious and that's totally what I would have done too! That is some crazy sleeper you have!

Kim said...

Ok so the overwhelming majority of us totally would have done EXACTLY what you have done. When Preston bakes he is perched upon a stool and my mother is like-enough with the camera, watch him on the stool. The things we do for a photo shoot.

Lisa said...

Well, no one was hurt - so all's well that ends well. And you GOT the shot! YES!!

Greene Family said...

Haha - I would have run to grab my camera too! :) Grace has the best crazy sleeping poses! I'm glad she was okay after her fall!